Jumping rope is one of the simplest exercises you can do. All you need is a rope and a flat surface. There are many jump rope techniques you can do, from the simple two legs on the ground to the more advanced crisscrossing drills. If you want to improve your technique, this article teaches you how to jump rope like an expert.
Buy good sports shoes on Amazon.
This video by Austin Dunham shows you how to jump rope like an expert.
Simple Technique to Help You Jump Rope Like an Expert
There are several techniques you can use when jumping rope. Here’s a simple one.
1. Position the rope beneath your heels behind you and have a light grip on the rope handles.
2. Always stay on your toes when jumping to generate faster speeds.
3. Position your arms closer to your body and use your wrist to turn the rope.
4. Once comfortable, you can add more skills, like jumping on one leg.
Things to Avoid
Casual rope jumpers make mistakes that give them a harder time skipping. If you want to jump rope like an expert, don’t do the following:
1. Jumping flat-footed.
2. Have your arms wide when turning the rope.
3. Turning your arms instead of wrists.
Join our Spotcovery Global Black Community Facebook Group for early access to exclusive content and to share in a lively discussion.
Video Credit: Austin Dunham’s YouTube channel focuses on creating fitness videos.
Buy a skipping rope on Amazon.
Spotcovery offers unique and fresh daily content on Black culture, lifestyle, and experiences. We talk about everything black, black people, black-owned and black-owned businesses. We also deliver authentic and relevant content that will inform, inspire, and empower you! The future of black media is critical to today’s black experience! Our primary audience includes African Americans, Africans, Afro-Caribbean, and people of African heritage. Black culture is for the culture!