Driving is one of the most important skills to learn. That said, while automatic cars are the norm, you should also learn how to drive a manual car. It’ll help you build confidence, have better interaction with it, and drive with both gearboxes.
If you’re ready to take your driving lessons and still deliberating on whether to go for a manual or automatic, check out this article. We’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to drive a manual car. Once you go through the tutorial, it might help you decide. Keep reading.
People Also Read: 7 Tips on How to Run Without Getting Out of Breath
What You Need to Know
- Make sure you have an instructor to guide you.
- Understand the essential parts needed to drive safely: the gears and brake pedals.
- Always make sure you have enough room between the steering wheel and the brakes.
- Ensure the car is secure. All the doors are closed and you’ve put on your seat belt.
- Master your gear button, as you’ll need to move it without looking when driving.
Join our Spotcovery Global Black Community Facebook Group for early access to exclusive content and to share in a lively discussion.
How to Drive a Manual Car in 4 Easy Steps
1. To start the car, press the clutch pedal. Check that your gear is in a neutral position and start the car. Make sure the parking brake is activated to prevent the car from rolling.
2. To get the car moving, deactivate the hand or parking brake, engage the clutch, and shift to gear one. Gradually release the clutch as the car starts moving and switch to the accelerator pedal.
3. Now that the car is moving, if you want to switch the gears, always press the clutch, move to the second gear, and release the clutch as you press the accelerator.
4. To stop the car, hit the clutch pedal, then the brake and switch the gear to neutral. If you want to park, have your foot on the clutch, step on the brake pedal and activate the parking brake.
Video Credit: The JJack TV makes videos on lifestyle, cars and vlogs.
Nearly 80% of consumers visit directories with reviews to find a local business. List your business for free in our exclusive Spotcovery Black-Owned Business Directory.
Spotcovery offers unique and fresh daily content on Black culture, lifestyle, and experiences. We talk about everything black, black people, black-owned and black-owned businesses. We also deliver authentic and relevant content that will inform, inspire, and empower you! The future of black media is critical to today’s black experience! Our primary audience includes African Americans, Africans, Afro-Caribbean, and people of African heritage. Black culture is for the culture!