Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so it’s said. But being confident in your facial features contributes to the overall feeling of beauty. And no matter who you are, African American, Caucasian, etc., eyebrow-shaping cuts across ethnicity and has evolved over generations. If you are looking for how to shape eyebrows at home and feel proud, you’re in the right place!
People Also Read: How To Curl Natural Hair Without Heat: 11 Simple Steps
Here’s a video to guide you in shaping your eyebrows.
How to Shape Your Eyebrows at Home Naturally
Let’s get started and perfect your eyebrows-shaping skills.
- Brush your eyebrows upward and get ready to remove overgrown hair. Do this in front of a mirror.
- Apply petroleum jelly or oil around the eyebrow, and use a silicon shaper to remove extra hair gently over and beneath your eyebrow.
- Clean the residue with a piece of cloth. Do the same for the other eyebrow and keep alternating the process.
- Use a fluffy brush to apply translucent powder over your shaved eyebrow
- Take your eye pencil (pick a color ideal for your skin)l and mark the beginning of your eyebrow by placing the end of the pencil on one side of your nose’s bridge. Make sure the pencil is straight, then mark where your brow begins.
- From the same spot of your nose’s bridge, bend the pencil and mark the end of your eyebrow.
- Using a sharp pencil, slowly outline the lower part of your brow using the marks you made earlier.
- Brush your eyebrow down, and draw the upper section. Follow the marks
- Add hair-like strokes to your shaped eyebrows and use a spoolie to brush the hairs in the direction of the brow.
- Fill in the visible spaces using the eye pencil. Finish with a spoolie to even out the eyebrow.
How to Have a Perfect Eyebrow Finish
- Use a concealer to highlight and even the right and left eyebrows.
- Use a brush to blend the concealer with your skin. Then, use the brush to separate your left and right eyebrows distinctively. Don’t add more concealer to the brush.
- Use a translucent powder to finish the area with concealer.
- Once done, you can finish adding makeup to your face (if you like).
People Also Read: Black Men: How to Cut Your Own Hair at Home
When you know how to shape your eyebrows at home, you’ll have cut out the cost of seeking the service from your local salon.
The YouTube video in this article is courtesy of Michelle Ngoje. She’s a makeup artist and content creator.
Nearly 80% of consumers visit directories with reviews to find a local business. List your business for free in our exclusive Spotcovery Black-Owned Business Directory.
Spotcovery offers unique and fresh daily content on Black culture, lifestyle, and experiences. We talk about everything black, black people, black-owned and black-owned businesses. We also deliver authentic and relevant content that will inform, inspire, and empower you! The future of black media is critical to today’s black experience! Our primary audience includes African Americans, Africans, Afro-Caribbeans, and people of African heritage. Black culture is for the culture!