One critical element of money management is automation and convenience. Fortunately, modern technology has provided us with many finance apps that allow us to not only request and send money but also budget, save and invest it wisely.
While the list is long, we curated a list of some of the best finance apps trusted and used by thousands of people in Africa.
Finance Apps to Send, Receive, Save and Invest Money in Africa
- Sendwave: Digital platform for receiving money intentionally into African countries. Available in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Liberia, Cameroon, and Ivory Coast.
- Flutterwave: Payment gateway infrastructure for business merchants across and outside Africa. Available in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Uganda, Tanzania, the United Kingdom, America, and Europe
- PiggyVest: Save and manage your finances from a mobile app. Available in Nigeria only.
- Wecashup: Accept and send payments in Cash, Mobile Money, Bank wallets, and Cards via a single API integration. Available in Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Cowrywise: Save towards targeted goals and invest money on the go with naira and dollar mutual funds. Available in Nigeria only.
- Trove App: Invest in the stock market from your mobile devices. Available in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Bitpesa: Send and receive money in African currencies as well as digital currency such as Bitcoin. Available in Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Ivory Coast, Benin, DR Congo, Togo, and Senegal.
- YellowCard: Buy, sell and store crypto on a safe digital platform. Available in Kenya, Cameroon, Tanzania, South Africa, Botswana, Uganda, Zambia, Ghana, Rwanda, Malawi, Nigeria, Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal, DR Congo, Republic of Congo, and Gabon.
- Abeg: Send and receive money, pay bills and make online transactions for free. Available in Nigeria only.
- Kolopay: Save towards set financial goals over targeted periods. Available in Nigeria only.
- Kuda Bank: Fully digital bank offering a free payment platform for a variety of online transactions. Available in Nigeria only
- Koa: Save and manage your finances on a digital platform. Available in Kenya only.
- M-Pesa: Deposit, receive money, and access online payments on a mobile device. Available in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Mozambique, and Tanzania.
- Pesapal: Send and receive money and process online payments. Available in Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Rwanda, and Zimbabwe.
- Paystack: Payment gateway platform for businesses across Africa. Available in Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome, and Principe Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Chaka: Trade stocks and ETFs from the stock exchange market. Available in Nigeria only
- Ovex: Offers a digital platform for Bitcoin and crypto trading. Available in South Africa.
- Huobi: Trade cryptocurrency on a mobile device. Available in Seychelles.